My niece is turning 5 soon and she is obsessed with La La Loopsy dolls and the color pink. I’m not a lover of pink outfits so I decided to give her enough pink to make her happy and enough minty green to please me, after all I’m the one that made it (she takes after me in the feisty department).
Here’s what you need:
- Black Fabric Marker
- Fabric Paint
- Thin paint brush
- Fabric Glue
- White or Off White Fabric square
- 2 Black buttons
Step 1: Draw an ovulated circle. IF YOU CAN”T DRAW TO SAVE YOUR LIFE: Place a plastic cup upside down to trace a circle on the fabric for the face. It will be rounder than mine but just as cute.
Draw wiggly lines for the hair (come on, anyone can do that). Draw “noodles” for the pig tails. Don’t stress over this part. Have you not seen what this doll’s hair look like in real life? Exactly. You’ll knock ’em dead with the noodle looking hair…trust me!
Next, trace with the black fabric marker & position small buttons on face. Trace holes with pencil so you can see where to sew buttons on. Sew buttons on.
This is where you should be. Now, before you start sending hate mail to me for poking La la’s eyes and posting it online, please understand this is what needs to be done to show everyone I too can’t draw all that well, and yes, they too can do this…it’s easy. No actual dolls were hurt during the making of this project.
Next, with the pencil, draw a pretty smile on that face and two small circles on each end. Stitch along the lines for the lip in black. Or you can paint the lips (broken lines) for the lips. Whatever is easiest for you.
- Cut doll’s face.
- I added small bows to both sides of her head. You can buy these or make them yourself. Make small bow and then sew them on.
- Decide where you want the face to be glued on the garment.
- Read instructions on how to use your fabric glue.
- Using a brush, brush fabric glue on the back of the face (opposite side to where you just painted the face).
- Lay clothes flat making sure there’s no creases and glue face to garment. Follow fabric glue directions on how long you should let dry.
- Fabric Paint
- Optional: Water Bottle, makeup sponges, fabric glitter and glue.